Regular hiringHigh Risk
Hire pre-vetted full time remote Ruby on Rails Developers from India. Hire now and build your dream engineering team with Hyno
Join 4,000+ companies already growing
Hyno conducts rigorous testing and carefully vets the developers who are fueled by passion and skill sets. Hence, our developer community is the foundation for innovation and collaboration, bringing ideas and projects to fruition.
Find a risk-free, pre-interviewed, high-quality developer who is remote-ready in less than 2 weeks at 40% less cost.
ParametersChoose the right for your firm.
Remote readiness check
Regular hiringHigh Risk
1 - 4 Months
1 - 2 Months
0 - 15 Days
Our technical manager aligns the required skillset and tech stack with our talent pool to help you find the best fit.
Precise Hiring: Understanding, Gathering, and Shortlisting nittygritty.
Effortless talent selection: Finding your perfect match
Streamlined onboarding for peak performance.
A one-stop shop to hiring the right Ruby on Rails Developer
Hiring a dedicated developer for your business can
be a cumbersome task. As many companies are competing to hire top Ruby on Rails
so finding a good developer is not as easy as it may seem.
We're here to assist all employers who choose to hire Ruby on Rails Developer on their own. Recruiting a developer on your own requires a fair amount of software development experience in general. However, if you're a non-technical manager interested in learning more about how to hire a Ruby on Rails Developer, we've put up an excellent resource for you.
1. Proficiency in Ruby: A strong understanding of the Ruby programming language is essential for any Ruby on Rails developer. They should be familiar with the syntax and have experience with object-oriented programming.
2. Experience with Rails framework: The developer should have experience working with the Rails framework and be comfortable using its various components, such as ActiveRecord and ActionController.
4. Database expertise: Rails applications are heavily dependent on databases, so developers should have experience working with SQL and be comfortable with database design and optimization.
5. Testing skills: The developer should have experience with testing frameworks such as RSpec and be familiar with test-driven development (TDD) practices.
6. Version control: The developer should be proficient in using version control tools such as Git to manage source code changes and collaborate with other team members.
7. Familiarity with deployment: The developer should be familiar with deploying Rails applications to production environments, including configuring web servers and using tools like Capistrano.
8. Understanding of software design patterns: The developer should have a solid understanding of software design patterns and be able to apply them to build scalable and maintainable applications.
9. Knowledge of web security: The developer should be familiar with web security best practices and be able to implement security features such as authentication and authorization.
1. Define the job requirements: Before you start the hiring process, define the job requirements, including the skills, experience, and responsibilities needed for the position. This will help you attract the right candidates.
2. Post the job listing on relevant job boards: Post the job listing on job boards that specialize in remote work, such as Remote.co, We Work Remotely, and Remote OK. Also, consider posting the job on Ruby on Rails-specific job boards and forums.
3. Screen the resumes: Once you start receiving resumes, screen them to see if the candidates meet the minimum requirements for the position. Consider using a resume-scanning software or hiring an HR agency to help with the screening process.
4. Conduct an initial video interview: Conduct an initial video interview to evaluate the candidate's communication skills, work experience, and technical knowledge. Use this opportunity to ask relevant questions and get a sense of their problem-solving skills.
5. Test their technical skills: Use coding tests or technical assessments to test the candidate's technical skills in Ruby on Rails. Consider using online coding platforms like Codility or HackerRank to create coding challenges.
6. Check references: Once you have narrowed down the list of candidates, check their references to get an idea of their work style and skills. Ask the references about the candidate's communication skills, problem-solving ability, and work ethics.
7. Conduct a final video interview: Conduct a final video interview to discuss salary, benefits, and work expectations. Use this opportunity to ask any final questions and clarify any doubts you may have.
8. Make the job offer: Once you have selected the ideal candidate, make the job offer and negotiate the terms of employment. Consider using an employment agreement to formalize the terms of employment.
9. Onboard the new hire: After hiring the new remote Ruby on Rails developer, onboard them by providing all the necessary documentation, tools, and resources needed to start working on their tasks.
What inspired you to become a Ruby on Rails developer?
This is a good icebreaker question that allows the candidate to share their background and interests. Look for answers that demonstrate a genuine passion for Ruby on Rails and its ecosystem.
How do you keep up-to-date with the latest Ruby on Rails developments and updates?
Good developers keep up with the latest trends and updates. Look for answers that demonstrate a willingness to learn and an understanding of the importance of staying current.
Tell us about your experience working with MVC architecture?
MVC architecture is a crucial component of Ruby on Rails. Look for answers that demonstrate an understanding of the Model-View-Controller pattern and how it relates to building web applications.
Can you walk us through your experience with database design and optimization?
Database design and optimization are critical skills for Ruby on Rails developers. Look for answers that demonstrate an understanding of relational databases, indexing, and query optimization.
How do you approach testing in Ruby on Rails?
Testing is a critical part of building reliable and maintainable applications. Look for answers that demonstrate a familiarity with testing frameworks like RSpec and a commitment to test-driven development (TDD).
Have you ever used ActiveRecord in your Ruby on Rails projects?
Can you tell us more about your experience with it? ActiveRecord is a key component of the Ruby on Rails framework. Look for answers that demonstrate an understanding of how it works and experience using it to interact with databases.
Have you ever deployed a Ruby on Rails application? If so, what deployment strategy did you use?
Deployment is an essential part of any application's life cycle. Look for answers that demonstrate a familiarity with deploying Ruby on Rails applications, as well as experience using tools like Heroku, Capistrano, or Docker.
Can you walk us through a complex problem you solved using Ruby on Rails?
Problem-solving is a critical skill for any developer. Look for answers that demonstrate a logical approach to problem-solving, as well as an ability to communicate technical concepts clearly.
How do you approach collaboration and communication when working remotely?
Working remotely requires strong communication and collaboration skills. Look for answers that demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly, a willingness to use collaboration tools like Slack and Trello, and experience working effectively in remote teams.
Location: [Insert Location]
Job Title: Ruby on Rails Developer
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary: [Insert Salary Range]
We are seeking a highly skilled Ruby on Rails developer with a passion for developing innovative software solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining web applications using Ruby on Rails, while working closely with the development team and other stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of high-quality software.
If you meet the requirements and have a passion for Ruby on Rails programming, we'd love to hear from you. Apply today to join our growing team of talented developers.